This Weekend in Pinehurst – Weekend of 4/8-4/10
Friday, April 8
Meet the Author
- Debut picture book author/illustrator Ruth Chan will read and discuss her book “Where’s the Party?”
- 4 pm at The Country Bookshop, 140 NW Broad Street, Southern Pines. 910 692-3211
Cooking Class: “Columbian Easter Feast”
- Join chef Sonia Middleton as she brings a little international culture to cooking.
- Hosted by Pinehurst Parks and Recreation Dept.
- $40 for residents, $80 for non-residents
- 6:30 to 8:30 pm at Pinehurst Parks and Recreation, in the Recreation Room. 300 Kelly Rd, Pinehurst. 910 295-1900
Pinehurst Live After 5
- Join us for a night of beach music with “The Embers”
- Make sure to bring your dancing shoes for the Shag Dance Competition at 7pm
- Food and beverage vendors will be on site
- Opening act begins at 5:30 pm and the main show will be starting at 6 pm and running until 9
- Concert will be at Tuft’s Memorial Park in the Village of Pinehurst
- For more information please contact Ashley Hunt at firstname.lastname@example.org or 910 215-2817
An Evening with Singer/Songwriter Cindy Alexander
- Sponsored by Vision4Moore
- 7:30 pm at the Country Bookshop, 140 NW Broad Street Southern Pines
- Limited tickets available by phone at 910 635-9885 or at the Bookshop
- All proceeds benefit the Companion Animal Clinic
Statewide Star Party “Finding Your Way in the Sky”
- NC Science Festival event offering fun activities for all ages and a telescope to explore the sky.
- Boyd Tract, Weymouth Center, 555 E. Connecticut Ave., Southern Pines. 910 692-2167
- Rain-date scheduled for April 9th
Saturday, April 9
Sandhills Horticultural Society Plant Sale
- Perennials, woody plants and bulbs at great prices
- 8 am to 12 pm at Steed Hall, Sandhills Commuinity College. 3395 Airport Rd, Pinehurst.
Rock ‘n’ Run 5k
- Dress as your favorite rock star for a costume contest, and enjoy live music with a jump tent for kids with parental supervision”
- Registration is $10 and guarantees you an event T-shirt
- 9:30 am at Sandhills Commuinity College. 3395 Airport Rd, Pinehurst.
- Sponsored by the Weymouth Center Dirt Gardeners
- Price-friendly perennials, shrubs, groundcovers and more, plus garden white elephant sale
- May want to bring small cart or wagon
- Experienced gardens will be there to help answer questions and load vehicles
- Cash and checks only
- 9 am – 1pm at 555 E Connecticut Ave, Southern Pines. 910 949-3999
- Make duct tape creations!
- Maker Saturdays let students explore technology in a relaxed environment.
- 11 am at Southern Pines Public Library, 170 W. Connecticut Ave., Southern Pines. 910 692-8235
Artists’ “Spring Cleaning” Sale
- Oils, watercolors, both framed and unframes. Cards, Gelee prints and more!
- Presented by Hollyhocks Art Gallery
- 11 am – 4 pm 905 Linden Road, Pinehurst (Next to Elliott’s). 910 255-0655
Meet the Author: Anne B. Ross
- Ross will discuss the 17th book in her NYT best-selling Miss Julie Mystery Series, Miss Julia Inherits a Mess
- 12 pm at the Country Bookshop, 140 NW Broad Street Southern Pines. 910 692-3211
The Carolina Philharmonic: “A Night at the Opera”
- Four incredible vocalists join David Michael Wolff and the Carolina Philharmonic on an adventure through some of your favorite arias, duos, trios, and quartets.
- 7 pm in Owens Auditorium at Sandhills Commuinity College, 3395 Airport Rd, Pinehurst. 910 687-0287
Sunday, April 10
Spring Matinee Races
- The 67th annual harness races with trotters and pacers.
- Gates open at 11 am, Opening Ceremonies will take place at 1 pm.
- Bleacher seating for GA, food and beverages available for purchase.
- $5 entry, children 12 and under are free.
- Pinehurst Harness Track, 200 Beulah Hill Rd S, Pinehurst. 910 281-4608
Sandhills Crop Hunger Walk
- Raise money for local and global hunger missions
- Donations recieved on-site and at sandhillscrophungerwalk.org
- Registration begins at 1 PM, Walk begins at 2
- Brownson Memorial Presbyterian Church parking lot, Ashe Street Southern Pines.
Bolshi Ballet Live in HD
- Don Quixote
- 1 pm at Sunrise Theater. 250 NW Broad Street, Southern Pines. 910 692-3611.
- Tickets are $25
Science for the Average Citizen
- Participate in studies about birds, frogs, ladybugs and many others to learn how you can help the environment.
- 3 pm at Weymouth Woods – Sandhills Nature Preserve, 1024 Fort Bragg Rd, Southern Pines. 910 692-2167