Things to do this Weekend in Pinehurst – Weekend of 4/22-4/24
Friday April 22
Upcycling for Earth Day
- Need another good reason to recycle that plastic bottle? Learn about the water cycle and build your own self-sustaining plastic-bottle plant nursery to help celebrate Earth Day. Materials will be provided, but you may bring your own 1 or 2-liter plastic bottle if desired. Part of the NC Science Festival.
- 4 pm at Weymouth Woods Nature Preserve 1024 N Fort Bragg Rd, Southern Pines. 910 692-2167
Movie in the Pines: “Inside Out” and Free Concert!
- Bring your family to enjoy an evening under the Southern Pines sky. Kona Ice and SoPies will be out selling concessions before and during the movie!
- “Inside Out” beginning at 7:30 pm
- Army Ground Forces Band’s Saxophone Quartet will be making a special performance at 6:15 om before the movie
- 6 – 9:30 pm at Downtown Park 145 SE Broad St., Southern Pines. 910 692-7376
Paint Hill Night Hike
- Join us for a fun filled, full moon hike to explore the Weymouth Woods section of Paint Hill.
- We will meet at the Weymouth Woods Visitor Center then carpool and caravan over to the Paint Hill Tract.
- Bring 1 flashlight per family.
- 8 pm at Weymouth Woods Nature Preserve 1024 N Fort Bragg Rd, Southern Pines. 910 692-2167
Saturday April 23
Pinehurst Garden Club Plant Sale
- Give your garden a burst of color. Purchase top-quality locally grown annuals and perennials. Hanging baskets, mixed planters, flats and pots.
- Proceeds support local beautification projects and scholarships for horticulture students at SCC.
- 10 am – 3 pm next to Pinehurst Fire Station, 405 Magnolia Rd, Pinehurst. 910 235-5297
Couples Massage Class
- Nurturing the Whole Family will be covering 7 to 8 techniques as an introduction to massage, designed to leave you wanting to learn more about the World of Massage Therapy!
- No Test. Fun and healthy for the whole family for generations to come! Enjoy free use of the First Health Fitness Facility before your class!
- $50 per person, includes massage
- To Register Call Kevin Miller at 910 692-6129
- 11am-1pm or longer at First Health Fitness Center, 170 Memorial Drive, Pinehurst.
Sunday April 24
Sunday Film Series
- “In the Heart of the Sea”
- 2015 survival-drama based on the book of the same name by Nathaniel Philbrick
- Tells the story of the American whaling ship Essex in 1820, the event inspiring Moby-Dick
- 2:30 pm at Southern Pines Library, 170 W Connecticut Ave, Southern Pines. 910 692-8235
Citizen Science for the Birds
- As part of the North Carolina Science Festival, come learn about several different citizen science projects that are geared toward birds.
- We’ll spend a short time inside talking about the different projects, and then go on a walk to make some observations of our own.
- 3 pm at Weymouth Woods Nature Preserve 1024 N Fort Bragg Rd, Southern Pines. 910 692-2167