Things to do Around the Pinehurst Area this Weekend – Weekend of June 24 – 26
Friday, June 24th
Meet the Author
- Adam W. Jones will discuss Fate Ball
- The story is about a first love that lived on long after the relationship ended.
- 5 pm at The Country Bookshop, 140 NW Broad Street, Southern Pines. 910 692-3211
Saturday, June 25th
- Basketball will be the featured craft theme.
- All day at Southern Pines Public Library, 170 W. Connecticut Ave., Southern Pines. 910 692-8235
Meet the Artist at Work
- Visit with artist Jane Canellie and learn about her techniques and background in art.
- 12 – 3pm at Hollyhocks Art Gallery, 905 Linden Road, Pinehurst. 910 255-0665 hollyhocksartgallery.com
Southern Pines Rocks
- Presented by Vision 4 Moore and Southern Pines Brewing Company
- The McKenzie Brothers, and Jacked Up Hot Rod perform
- Costs $10, proceeds benefit the MIRA USA Foundation and Rotary Club of the Sandhills.
- No outside food, food trucks on site.
- 5 pm at The Southern Pines Brewery, 565 AirTool Drive, Southern Pines. 910 365-9890
- Bill West plays at the Wine Cellar and Tasting Room.
- 7 – 10 pm 241-A NE Broad Street, Southern Pines. 910 692-3066
Sunday, June 26
Sunday Film Series for Adults
- This film is a new, sports-themed drama about the potentially horrific cost of playing football.
- 2:30 pm at Southern Pines Public Library, 170 W. Connecticut Ave., Southern Pines. 910 692-8235
Weymouth Woods Nature Study
- “Spectacular Summer”
- Learn about the summer solstice, the changes in the forest, and the activites of park animals in summer.
- Program includes indoor presentation and an optional short hike.
- 3 pm at Weymouth Woods-Sandhills Nature Preserve, 1024 Fort Bragg Road, Southern Pines. 910 692-2167
Live Music at the Rooster’s Wife
- Brett Harris and Skylar Gudasz
- $12 in advance, $15 at the door
- 6:46 pm (doors open at 6) at The Poplar Knight Spot, 114 Knight St., Aberdeen. 910 944-7502 or theroosterswife.org