Friday, July 29
- This class is taught in group format with participants in a seated position.
- $35 for residents, $70 for non residents
- Runs through Friday, September 2
- 9 – 10 am at Pinehurst Parks and Rec, 300 Kelly Road, Pinehurst. 910 295-1900
Saturday, July 30
Standup Paddle Board Yoga
- The class is designed for varying yoga and paddling experience.
- Paddleboards and personal flotation devices (pfds) are provided or bring your own.
- Call to ensure a space before paying.
- 10:30 am – 12 pm at Resevoir Park in Southern Pines. 910 692-2463
- This week come enjoy making Duct Tape crafts!
- Maker Saturdays let students explore technology in a relaxed environment.
- 2 – 3 pm at Southern Pines Public Library, 170 W. Connecticut Avenue, Southern Pines. 910 692-8235
- Randy Hughes plays at the Wine Cellar and Tasting Room.
- 7 – 10 pm 241-A NE Broad Street, Southern Pines. 910 692-3066
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Book Relase Party
- Based on an original new story by J.K. Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, is the eighth story in the Harry Potter series and the first official Harry Potter story to be presented on stage.
- To celebrate its world premiere in London on July 30, The Country Bookshop is throwing a party with games, treats, and photo opportunities.
- Costumes Encouraged!
- The event is ticketed. Reserve a copy of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child to reeceive a ticket for admission.
- 10:30 pm at The Country Bookshop, 140 NW Broad St., Southern Pines. 910 692-321l.
Sunday, July 31
Weymouth Woods Nature Study
- “Geology of the Sandhills”
- Join a Park Ranger to find out where all the sand in the Sandhills comes from, what paint rock and jet stone are, and more about our area’s geology.
- 3 pm at Weymouth Woods-Sandhills Nature Preserve, 1024 Fort Bragg Road, Southern Pines. 910 692-2167
Art Exhibit Opening and Reception
- “Small Gems of Art”
- Exhibit will run though August 23rd
- 3 – 5 pm at the Artist’s League of the Sandhills, 129 Exchange St., Aberdeen. 910 944-3979