Things to do Around Pinehurst This Weekend – Weekend of 8/12
Friday, August 12
Saturday, August 13
Ninth Annual Backyard Bocce Ball
- A lighthearted tournament open to co-ed teams of four.
- Cost: $350/VIP team; $150/BYOB team; $100 standard; Registration at 8:45 am
- Benefitting the Sandhills Childrens Center
- 8:45 am at The Pinehurst Harness Track, 200 Beulah Hill Road S, Pinehurst. 910 692-3233
History of Pinehurst Tour
- Experience the Home of American Golf on a guided windshield tour with Kirk Tours and learn about Mr. Tufts and some of Pinehurst’s celebrity patrons.
- $20 per person
- Tour lasts 75 minutes.
- 10:30 am & 1 pm the tour departs from Pinehurst Historic Theatre, 90 Cherokee Road.
- 910 295-2257 for information and registration.
- “Snap Circuits”
- Maker Saturdays let students explore technology in a relaxed environment. A movie about a wannabe Notre Dame football player will be shown at 2 p.m.
- For grades 6 through 12.
- 2 pm at Southern Pines Public Library, 170 W Connecticut Ave., Southern Pines. 910 692-8235
- Free lesson from 7 to 8 p.m., and social dancing from 8 to 10 p.m.
- Sponsored by the Carolina Pines Chapter of USA Dance
- Summer casual dress.
- Cost: $10 ($8 members).
- 6:30 pm at Southern Pines Elks Club, 280 Country Club Circle, Southern Pines. 919 770-1975
- Caroline Parsons plays at the Wine Cellar and Tasting Room.
- 7 – 10 pm 241-A NE Broad Street, Southern Pines. 910 692-3066
Sunday, August 14
Meet the Author
- Amy Krouse Rosenthal will be signing her new book, Textbook Amy Krouse Rosenthal, a timeless collection of insights, memories and moments, organized into classic subjects such as social studies, music and language arts.
- 2 pm at The Country Bookshop, 140 NW Broad St., Southern Pines. 910 692-3211.
Summer Kids Movie
- Air Bud
- This film is about an amazing dog that shoots some hoops.
- Snacks are provided by the Friends of the Library.
- Free and open to the public.
- 2 pm at Southern Pines Public Library, 170 W. Connecticut Ave., Southern Pines. 910 692-8235.