Friday, July 22
- “Go with the Flow: Basic Alcohol Ink.” (For beginners)
- Pam Griner offers an afternoon providing instruction on inks, papers, and creating abstract and landscape paintings.
- $40 to attend, supplies included
- 12:30 – 3:30 pm at Artists League of the Sandhills, 129 Exchange St., Aberdeen. 910 944-3979
Saturday, July 23
Saturday Craft Day
- Come down to the library any time on Saturday for Olympic Games themed crafting!
Meet the Artist at Work
- Visit with artist Louise Price and learn about her techniques and background in art.
- 10 am – 1 pm at Hollyhocks Art Gallery, 905 Linden Road, Pinehurst. 910 255-0665 hollyhocksartgallery.com
Meet the Author
- Adam W. Jones will discuss his debut novel, Fate Ball, a story about a love that would forever link the lives of two people, whether they lived thousands of miles away from each other or just across town.
- Free and Open to the Public
- 4 pm at The Country Bookshop, 140 NW Broad Street, Southern Pines. 910 692-3211
- Ryan Book plays at the Wine Cellar and Tasting Room.
- 7 – 10 pm 241-A NE Broad Street, Southern Pines. 910 692-3066
Sunday, July 24
- An exclusive golf course has to deal with a brash new member and a destructive dancing gopher.
- 2:30 – 4:30 pm at Southern Pines Public Library, 170 W. Connecticut Ave., Southern Pines. 910 692-8235
Weymouth Woods Nature Study
- “Nature’s Canvas”
- This program starts with a brief presentation of a few artists that have been inpired by nature.
- Following the presentation participants will create at their own art stations!
- 3 pm at Weymouth Woods-Sandhills Nature Preserve, 1024 Fort Bragg Road, Southern Pines. 910 692-2167
Live Music at the Rooster’s Wife
- Jack Grace
- $12 in advance, $15 at the door
- 6:46 pm (doors open at 6) at The Poplar Knight Spot, 114 Knight St., Aberdeen. 910 944-7502 or theroosterswife.org