Things to do Around Pinehurst this Weekend – Weekend of 1/27/2017
Friday, January 27
Art Class (Oil Painting)
- Oil Painting with Courtney.
- Courtney Herndon, instructor.
- Cost: $110
- 9 am – 3:30 pm at Artists League of the Sandhills, 129 Exchange St., Aberdeen. 910 944-3979
Nature Study Program
- “There’s No Place Like Home… In a Tree” (For wee ones!)
- Trees provide homes for all kinds of critters. Come find out what parts of the tree are used by what animals as you read a book, do some fun activities, and make a craft.
- Please dress for the weather-some activities outdoors!
- All activities geared toward 3- to 5-year-olds with parental participation.
- 10 – 11 am at Weymouth Woods-Sandhills Nature Preserve, 1024 Fort Bragg Road, Southern Pines. 910 692-2167
Local History of Pinehurst Tours
- Come experience the “Home of American Golf” as never before!
- Join us on a narrated windshield tour of the beautifully designed Village of Pinehurst.
- Learn all about James Walker Tufts, the 1895 founder of Pinehurst, and hear interesting historical facts and stories about this remarkable family.
- Enjoy stories about some of Pinehurst’s ghosts and drive by the location of America’s first miniature golf course.
- We’ll also see the Pinehurst Casino, and where Annie Oakley lived, along with the homes of General George C. Marshall, and Donald Ross.
- $20 per person, register by calling 910 295-2257.
- Each tour lasts about 75 minutes.
- 11 am & 2 pm at The Historic Theatre Building, 90 Cherokee Rd, Pinehurst.
Saturday, January 28
- Learn pruning basics with Moore County Extension Agent Taylor Williams, who will then provide an outside demonstration.
- Free to the public, but reservations required.
- 10 am – 12 pm at Sandhills Horticultural Gardens-Ball Visitors Center. 3395 Airport Road, Pinehurst. 910 695-3882
Sunday, January 29
For the Love of Coffee and Tea
- Explore the variety of coffees and tea.
- Event includes art on display and for sale, coffee and tea samples and products available for purchase, and a DIY coffee mug design station.
- Cost: $15 and available at Pinehurst Village Hall.
- 1 – 4 pm at The Fair Barn, 200 Beulah Road South, Pinehurst. 910 295-1900
Nature Study Program
- Join Park Ranger Assistant Kelsey Smith for some fun and games on the trails of Weymouth Woods!
- 3 pm at Weymouth Woods-Sandhills Nature Preserve, 1024 Fort Bragg Road, Southern Pines. 910 692-2167
The Rooster’s Wife
- The Martha Bassett Trio returns with no genre left unexplored.
- Japanese guitarist Hiroya Tsukamoto will open the show.
- Doors Open at 6 pm
- Tickets are $20 in advance.
- 6:46 pm at The Poplar Knight Spot, 114 Knight St., Aberdeen. 910 944-7502