Many come to Pinehurst, NC to retire for the golf and great real estate and end up giving back to the community.
Here in the Pinehurst area there are so many ways to contribute your time to local charities. Below is a list of ways you can give back and you will often not only have a great time, you will also meet some other great people while helping out some less fortunate folks.
- Back Pack Pals – Volunteers help pack bags of food and deliver them for children in the Moore County School system who don’t get enough food at home. For information how you can help call Moore County Schools at 910-947-2342 and ask for Linda Hubbard
- First Health Moore Regional Hospital – The are a variety of departments in the hospital that can use the services of volunteers. For information on how you can help call 910-715-6000.
- Habitat for Humanity of the NC Sandhills – You can help out at the construction sites, in the Moore Store and at the habitat office. Call Julie Wiggins at 910-295-1934 ext 222.
- Manna! – This organization helps feed the hungry by serving lunches five days a week. For information on how you can help call 910-315-1150 and mention Manna!
- The Citizens’ Pet Responsibility Committee – The current focus is on teaching children in the public schools fourth grade classes in Moore County how to be responsible pet owners. Volunteers are the backbone of this project and you can get more information by calling 910-949-9953.
- Moore County Schools – There are so many ways you can help in the schools such as reading to children and tutoring math. To help the already over 7,000 volunteers in our public schools call Linda Hubbard at 910-947-2342.
There are many other ways to give back and this just names a few of the very worthy causes in our area. So if you are thinking about buying real estate in Pinehurst, NC for your retirement – think of all you can do to help in the community.