In 2013 the Pinehurst Resort and Country Club revised its memberships plans. Remember, you must own property in Pinehurst to become a member! Please note that if you are currently a Pinehurst resident and want to add a discount for memberships to be transferred with your property or if you want your own discounted membership – offers expire April 30th. The details of the membership plans being offered by Pinehurst Resort can be complex depending on the current membership status of the property in question. Pinehurst Resort Realty agents are very knowledgeable in this area and are happy to help explain the process. Give us a call at 800-772-7588 or see below for details.
Important changes: Pinehurst Resort and Country Club has purchased National Golf and Country Club as of May 2014. There have been several changes to the pricing and levels of membership due to this great addition to Pinehurst Golf Courses. Please Call us or the Membership Office for more information. 800-772-7588 or 910-235-8081.
The Pinehurst membership team rolled out a new plan for new members this year. It’s becoming more affordable to become a member and they are now offering different levels of membership for those not wanting a full membership.
Here are some details, and please call us or contact us if you need clarification. There are now three levels of membership. Full members, sports membership and social membership. (There are also a couple of premium memberships. Call for details)
Full members get unlimited access to Pinehurst courses 1-6 including Pinehurst No. 2 with the additional cost of cart fees. This membership also includes tennis, beach club and swimming, pools with limited access to the Carolina Hotel Pool and there are other amenities with unlimited access.
Sports membership includes tennis, pools (limited access to the Carolina Hotel pool), discounted rates for golf courses and there is also an array of amenities offered by the club available in an unlimited capacity or for a discounted fee.
Social membership includes discounted rates for golf up to 10 rounds per year. Fees will be required for tennis and other club activities, but does include access to pools (Carolina Hotel Pool has limitations), the beach club and discounts to other amenities.
The additional premium memberships include one which offers access to Pinehurst No. 7 and a premium golf membership which adds additional benefits to full members . Call for details.
For those purchasing real estate in Pinehurst from a current member of the club you can get a membership at a 50% discount off the initiation fee (These rates also apply to current property owners if purchased before May 1st, 2013):
- Full Membership – 50% off the prevailing fee which is currently $25,000 = $12,500. Current monthly dues are $375 a month.
- Sports Membership – 50% off the prevailing fee which is currently $16,000 = $8,000. Current monthly dues are $150 a month.
- Social Membership – 50% off the prevailing fee which is currently $10,000 = $5,000. Current monthly dues are $91 a month.
For those purchasing real estate from a property with a Property Privilege Option you get a 30% discount on initiation fees. This Property Privilege can be purchased by current home owners before May 1st, 2013 for $395 renewable annually and includes access to the country club bar and lounge, but does not include club activities. Once transferred to a new property owner, membership can be accessed by paying the discounted initiation fee within a limited time after the your property is purchased.
- Full Membership – 30% off the prevailing fee which is currently $25,000 = $17,500. Current monthly dues are $375 a month.
- Sports Membership – 50% off the prevailing fee which is currently $16,000 = $11,200. Current monthly dues are $150 a month.
- Social Membership – 50% off the prevailing fee which is currently $10,000 = $7,000. Current monthly dues are $91 a month.
All buyers of real estate in Pinehurst from property owners who do not have a current membership or a Property Privilege Option can become members at the prevailing initiation fee and pay monthly dues depending on the type of membership they want. Please note: these dues were for 2013. There has been a slight increase, so contact the membership office at 910-235-8081.
- Full Membership – The prevailing fee is currently $25,000. Current monthly dues are $375 a month.
- Sports Membership – The prevailing fee is currently $16,000. Current monthly dues are $150 a month.
- Social Membership – The prevailing fee which is currently $10,000. Current monthly dues are $91 a month.
The Pinehurst Country Club is offering some great deals to new members whether you are a current owner of real estate or of you are thinking of purchasing real estate in the Village of Pinehurst. The are many other amenities that are not mentioned here and access will depend on your level of membership. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions regarding membership to Pinehurst or the possibility of purchasing real estate in Pinehurst or the surrounding area.