One of the common questions for new Pinehurst area residents is where is [are] the library?
The Moore County library hasits main branch in Carthage, the county seat, and four branches in some of the smaller towns here in the Pinehurst area. They are:
- The Moore County Public Library-this is the main library and it is located at 101 Saunders St. in Carthage. They are open Monday through Friday from 8:30- 6:00 and Saturdays from 10:00 to 4:00. For more information call 910-947-5335.
- Page Memorial Library is a county branch located at 100 S. Poplar in Aberdeen. Their hours are limited to Monday through Friday from 2:00-6:00. For more information they can be reached at 910-944-1200.
- The Pinebluff Library is of course located in Pinebluff at 305 E. Baltimore Ave. and is open Monday through Friday from 2:00-6:00. For more information call 910-281-3004.
- The Robins Area Library is located at 161 Magnolia Drive in Robins and is open Tues. from 10:00 – 8:00, Weds through Friday from 8:00 – 6:00 and Saturday from 10:00 until 2:00. They are closed for lunch daily from 1:00-2:00 and they offer Dial-a-Story where you can get the daily story by calling 910-948-3322. For more information on the Robbins library call 910-948-4000.
- The Vass Area Library is located at 128 Seaboard St near the Vass Post Office. Their hours are Tues. from 9:30-8:00, Wed. through Fri. from 8:30-5:30 and Sat. from 8:30-1:00 closed daily for lunch from 1:00-1:30. The library can be reached at 910-245-2200.
- Moore County also has a Bookmobile that travels around the county at specific stops every two weeks. The schedule can be found at any of the above locations.
In addition to the county libraries, the Pinehurst area has a few other libraries for residents. They are:
- The Given Memorial Library in the Village of Pinehurst located at 150 Cherokee Rd. They are open Mon. through Saturday from 10:00-4:00. For more information call 910-295-6022.
- The Southern Pines Public Library is located at 170 W. Connecticut Ave in Southern Pines. Their hours are Mon-Thurs from 10:00-7:00, Friday and Sat. from 10:00-5:00 and Sundays from 2:00-5:00. Residency of Southern Pines is required to receive a free library card. Outside residents can get a card for an annual fee. For more information call 910-692-8235.
Sandhills Community College has a library a residents of Moore County and Hoke county can get a community patrons card. For more information on the Katharine L. Boyd Library at the college call 910-695-3819.
Whether you are new to the Pinehurst area or a long time resident it is good to know the resources available and where to find your local library.