There are many activities celebrating the Christmas Holiday 2012 season in the Pinehurst area.
Christmas tree lightings:
- Nov. 30th Pinehurst has a day of celebration beginning at 1:00-3:00 with photos of your pets with Santa followed from 4:00 to 6:00 for photos of the kids with Santa and ending with the annual Christmas Tree lighting at 6:30.
- Nov. 24th (sorry we missed this one) was the annual Christmas tree lighting in Southern Pines at the corner of Broad and New Hampshire. Take time to visit Southern Pines and see the over 85 Christmas trees decorated by various shop owners and other local organizations.
- Dec. 2nd Whispering Pines will be having their Christmas tree lighting at the Police Complex on Hardee Lane from 5:30-6:30. There will be holiday music and Santa will be there!
- Dec. 4th Moore County will light its tree at 6:00 at the historic courthouse. The annual parade will follow the tree lighting ceremony.
- Dec. 6th Aberdeen will be having its holiday celebration beginning at 6:30 at the Depot in downtown including holiday music, Christmas tree lighting and refreshments.
Other Christmas and Holiday events for the Pinehurst area include:
- Dec. 9th at 3:30 Moore Philharmonic Orchestra Winter Concert at the Sunrise Theater in Southern Pines
- Dec. 5th and 6th from 6 to 8 PM (Dec 7th is the rain date) by reservation only the residents of Spring Valley Lake in Whispering Pines will display holiday and Christmas decorations of their docks and back yards via boat tours. Tours must be arranged in advance by calling 910-949-3691. The cost will be an unwrapped toy to be donated to Toys for Tots.
- Dec. 8th from 11 AM to 4 PM the Malcolm Blue Farm at 1177 Bethesda Rd in Aberdeen will have an Early American Christmas. Come see the historic house decorated for the holiday and enjoy music and refreshments.
- Dec. 8th Aberdeen will have their 6th annual Christmas Parade at 3:00 PM.
- Dec. 1st Cameron will have its 2nd Christmas Parade beginning at the parking lot of the Cameron Baptist Church at 10:oo AM.
- Dec. 1st Southern Pines will hold its annual Christmas Parade at 10:00 AM.
- Dec. 2nd the Moore County Choral Society will have its Holiday Harmonies concert starting at 4:00 PM at Owen’s Auditorium at Sandhills Community College.
- Dec. 3rd “Top Hat and Tails” to benefit Animal Advocates of Moore County will be from 5:30-9:00 at the Fair Barn in Pinehurst and the cost is $50 per person. Call 910-944-5098 for tickets or you can get tickets at The Country Book Shop, Cared for Canine and Cat, The Faded Rose and Shutterbug Grafix.
There are many fun things to do to celebrate the Christmas Holiday Season in the Pinehurst area!