Things to do Around Pinehurst this Weekend – Weekend of 1/20/2017
Friday, January 20
Local History of Pinehurst Tours
- Come experience the “Home of American Golf” as never before!
- Join us on a narrated windshield tour of the beautifully designed Village of Pinehurst.
- Learn all about James Walker Tufts, the 1895 founder of Pinehurst, and hear interesting historical facts and stories about this remarkable family.
- Enjoy stories about some of Pinehurst’s ghosts and drive by the location of America’s first miniature golf course.
- We’ll also see the Pinehurst Casino, and where Annie Oakley lived, along with the homes of General George C. Marshall, and Donald Ross.
- $20 per person, register by calling 910 295-2257.
- Each tour lasts about 75 minutes.
- 11 am & 2 pm at The Historic Theatre Building, 90 Cherokee Rd, Pinehurst.
Saturday, January 21
NC Poetry Society
- The North Carolina Poetry Society will host their Winter Meeting Saturday, January 21st.
- Click Here for more information.
- 8 am – 2 pm at Weymouth Center for Arts & Humanities, 555 E. Connecticut Ave., Southern Pines. 910 692-6261
The Met Opera: Live in HD
- Gounod’s Roméo et Juliette (English Subtitles)
- Tickets are $27.
- 12:55 – 3:50 pm at Sunrise Theater, 250 NW Broad St., Southern Pines. 910 692-8501
Sunday, January 22
Bolshoi Ballet Series
- The Sleeping Beauty
- From Moscow via Satellite
- Tickets are $25
- 12:55 pm at Sunrise Theater, 250 NW Broad St., Southern Pines. 910 692-8501
Sunday Film Series
- Florence Foster Jenkins
- This film is about an heiress who longs to become an opera star in the 1940s, despite her horrible singing voice.
- 2:30 pm at Southern Pines Public Library, 170 W. Connecticut Ave., Southern Pines. 910 692-8235
Nature Study Program
- Seasonal program, to be determined.
- Weather permitting there may be a short hike.
- 3 pm at Weymouth Woods-Sandhills Nature Preserve, 1024 Fort Bragg Road, Southern Pines. 910 692-2167
The Rooster’s Wife
- Louis Romano Quartet interweaves Latin, Middle, and Far Eastern influences within an American jazz framework.
- Doors Open at 6 pm
- Tickets are $20 in advance.
- 6:46 pm at The Poplar Knight Spot, 114 Knight St., Aberdeen. 910 944-7502