The Annual Festival of Trees Fund Raiser in Pinehurst began its setup today at the Carolina Hotel. This is one of the most anticipated events to kick off the Holiday season in the Pinehurst Area. Funds from the auction, donations and raffle will go to the Sandhills Children’s Center.
Here is the room as the trees are being set up for the designers to come in Sunday and decorate them to be auctioned during the festival. The doors will open to the public on Tuesday at 10:00 AM. The entire festival runs Tuesday, Nov. 8 – Sunday, Nov. 13 with daily hours 10AM to 9PM except Sunday when the doors will close at 3PM. Admission is by donation.
There will be daily special events:
- Santa will be there daily 10-12 and 3-5 except Sunday only 10-12.
- Tuesday at 6:00 will be the Pinecrest High School Chamber Endsemble and from 7:00-9:00 the Jazz Pianist Judson Hurd will be live.
- Wednesday from 6:00-9:00 will be Girl’s Night Out and the McKenzie Brothers Band will perform and there will be dessert tastings from area bakers.
- Thursday is a Salute to the Military from 6:00-9:00 with the Army Ground Forces Brass Ensemble performing.
- Friday is Veteran’s Day honoring all Military who will receive a free raffle ticket with their military ID. At 9:00AM is breakfast with Santa for $35 in advance. And in the evening from 6:00-9:00 is “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree” with PARIS, The Band.
- Saturday from 1:00-5:00 will be the Festival Marketplace at which you can purchase unique gifts from the Christmas, Crafts and Collectibles Show. Also, from 6:00-9:00 will be Jingle Bell Jazz by Court Stewart Jazz Ensemble. The silent auction for the trees, wreaths and other items will close at 8:00PM.
- Sunday at 3:00PM the Raffle Winners will be drawn.
This is something that should be seen by everyone. The trees are always spectacular, and the raffle prizes are awesome. The addition this year of the market place on Saturday should have something for everyone. Don’t miss the kick off of the Christmas holiday season in Pinehurst at the Festival of Trees in the Carolina Hotel.