Friday, January 20
Local History of Pinehurst Tours
- Come experience the “Home of American Golf” as never before!
- Join us on a narrated windshield tour of the beautifully designed Village of Pinehurst.
- Learn all about James Walker Tufts, the 1895 founder of Pinehurst, and hear interesting historical facts and stories about this remarkable family.
- Enjoy stories about some of Pinehurst’s ghosts and drive by the location of America’s first miniature golf course.
- We’ll also see the Pinehurst Casino, and where Annie Oakley lived, along with the homes of General George C. Marshall, and Donald Ross.
- $20 per person, register by calling 910 295-2257.
- Each tour lasts about 75 minutes.
- 11 am & 2 pm at The Historic Theatre Building, 90 Cherokee Rd, Pinehurst.
[click to continue…]